1.1 Governance, information and engagement
Pārongo, kōrerorero whānui me ngā mahi whakataunga
We want to involve people and maintain their confidence in our decision-making.
What we do
- City governance and engagement
- Civic information
- City archives.
Our decisions shape our city – today and into the future. These decisions have to reflect the services that matter to the community and how much they are willing to pay for them, so we do a range of things to ensure people are well informed and can contribute meaningfully to Council decision-making processes. The Local Government Act 2002 sets out the decision-making, planning and accountability procedures expected of councils.
Other legislation requires us to keep a record of our work and provide access to the information we hold. Our City Archives team looks after and makes available a huge range of primary information about the city’s history.
We also operate a 24/7 contact centre so we can provide people with information and respond to their requests related to our services.
- We will continue to develop smartphone apps that enable us to provide information, understand people’s needs and respond to their requests.
- We will continue to develop the service centre as a one-stop-shop for customers. City Housing is now based there and we are looking to offer Building Consents and Compliance services from the centre as well.
- We will explore shared services with other councils to reduce costs and improve services.
Measuring our performanceTop
Our targets for 2014/15 are:
- at least 60% of residents are satisfied that the Council consults them the right amount
- at least 80% of residents are satisfied or neutral (neither satisfied nor dissatisfied) with the way the Council involves them in decision-making
- we monitor e-petition participation
- 100% of Council and committee agendas will be made available to the public two working days prior to the meeting
- 80% of Council and committee agendas will be made available to the public five working days prior to the meeting
- at least 80% of residents agree that Council information is easy to access
- at least 80% of residents agree the Council website is easy to navigate and get information from
- 80% of contact centre calls are answered within 30 seconds
- 90% of emails are answered within 12 hours and 100% of emails are answered within 24 hours
- 80% of issues reported through the iphone Fix-It app will be responded to within 30 minutes and the remaining 20% within six hours
- 90% of users are satisfied with the City Archives services and facilities.
What it will costTop
|1.1 Governance, information and engagement ||Operating expenditure 2014/15 ||Capital expenditure |
|Income ||Expenditure ||Net expenditure ||Total |
|($000) ||($000) ||($000) ||($000) |
|1.1.1 - City governance and engagement ||(58) ||8,432 ||8,374 ||- |
|1.1.2 - Civic information ||(332) ||5,495 ||5,163 ||- |
|1.1.3 - City Archives ||(182) ||1,027 ||845 ||- |
|2014/15 1.1 Total ||(572) ||14,954 ||14,382 ||- |
|2013/14 Total ||(733) ||17,089 ||16,356 ||110 |
|2012–22 LTP Yr 3 Total ||(408) ||15,856 ||15,448 ||- |
|Variance 2012–22 LTP Yr 3 to DAP 14/15 ||(164) ||(902) ||(1,066) ||- |